Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by Letta of London (referred to as “Letta of London/we/our/us”).
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website (see date at the top) and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website.
We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification or withdrawal. The website is provided by us to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
2. Order Process
Please see the delivery information for information on how to place an order. All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
The ‘confirmation’ stage sets out the final details of your order. Following this, we will send to you an order acknowledgement e-mail detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this e-mail is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Letta of London.
Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it (please refer to Returns and refunds).
We do not file details of your order for you to subsequently access direct on this website, and therefore, please print out these terms and conditions and the order acknowledgement for your own records. If you wish to obtain specific details of your previous orders please refer to Contact us and FAQs.
This website is only for delivery of products to customers with mainland UK and Northern Ireland addresses. We cannot deliver to the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Orkney, Shetland and Scottish Islands, BFPO addresses, or the Republic of Ireland. All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.
Delivery charges and estimated timescales are specified in the home delivery information section and also when you place an order. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors and all goods and products are subject to availability. Letta of London shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales. We recommend that you make arrangements for trade’s people to carry out work on your behalf only after your order has been delivered.
Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us.
We take payment from your card at the time we receive your order, once we have checked your card details and stock availability. Goods are subject to availability. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the goods.
The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order. No other prices published by Letta of London are applicable to these items. The following exception applies: While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
Payment can be made by any method specified in How to use this website. For information about secure online ordering see Secure online shopping.
Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you on delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise (see home delivery information for further details).
5. Returns, cancellations and substitutions
We offer a hassle free money back guarantee; please refer to returns and refunds. Some products are excluded from the Guarantee; we will inform you if that is the case. In the unlikely event that you receive faulty or damaged goods, please refer to our Returns and Refunds section.
Sometimes the product specifications from the manufacturer may change, in which case we will do our best to offer you a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. If you are not happy with the replacement you can return it in accordance with our hassle free money back guarantee. Where applicable, you may cancel your order in accordance with your rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges Regulations (see the returns and refunds page for further details).
All sizes and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
6. Intellectual property
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of this website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. You further acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
7. Liability and indemnity
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law.
Subject to section 7.1 above, Letta of London will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website Letta of London will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website and Letta of London accepts no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on material or information contained on the site.
Subject to section 7.1 above, other than as expressly provided in these terms and conditions with respect to specific products and except for the exclusive remedies set out at Section 5 above, any indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
Subject to section 7.1 above, Letta of London will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the terms and conditions for any: economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or loss of goodwill or reputation; or special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these terms and conditions.
Notwithstanding the above, subject to Section 7.1 Letta of London’s aggregate liability (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for loss or damage shall in any event be limited to a sum equal to the amount paid or payable by you for the product(s) in respect of one incident or series of incidents attributable to the same clause.
This clause 7 does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your contract cancellation rights.
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorized access to information provided by you.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit our website. They do NOT identify any individual, our cookies are stored for 1 Week and then deleted.
You can disable any cookies, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
9. Targeting Cookies
This website will allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- The courier will determine the nearest place to the destination address to deliver the goods. The goods cannot be delivered inside the house, according to insurance guidelines.
- Upon receiving the package, check if the packaging is damaged or if some items have not been delivered. Upon signing the delivery note, take note of any damaged or missing items. If not noted, no additional claims will be considered.
- Please contact us within 24h to make a complaint about missing or damaged items upon delivery. After the initial 24h, we will no longer accept claims.
- Each delivery pallet comes with a note. Compare the note with your package for any missing items and make a note of any missing items. If the missing items are not stated at the time of delivery, they will not be considered afterward.
- RETURNS — If not stated in the invoice, unwanted or unused items are not eligible for returns. All tiles are made-to-measure and so returns are not possible in this case. The same applies to changing the quantity of the ordered items.
- QUANTITIES — When ordering fragile materials, breakage and damage are possible, so we recommend an additional 10% to be ordered on top of your total quantity. When talking about tiles, shades vary, so be sure to order spare tiles from one single batch because the next one might differ. These are only our suggestions and estimates. The customer makes the final decision.
- It is against the company’s policy for the courier to carry tiles or pallets inside your home. The courier has to deliver the items onto the kerbside and no further. Please make sure you have hired enough handy personnel to help with the unloading of the goods and further handling of the goods.
- We recommend your hire professional help to assist with carrying goods into your property.
- Please, make a note of any local access issues considering your property, for example, narrow roads and paths. If our delivery truck cannot access your property, redelivery might be the best option, which will require additional charging fees.
- We apologise for any issues, such as bad weather, that are not under our control and that may affect your delivery.
- We cannot take responsibility for late deliveries due to unpredictable circumstances. Thus, please do not book plumbers, tilers, and other trade professionals before your order arrives. We are not responsible for any additional costs from delayed delivery.
- BESPOKE — ‘Made to Measure’ items are not eligible for refunds or returns since they’re specially made, unlike standard measures. Letta London will not accept returns of bespoke items that are unwanted or do not fit. At the time of order, make sure all your requirements, such as size, shape, or colour, are correct.
- The description of goods is specified within the order. However, take note that the shade of the tiles might differ from batch to batch.
- PAYMENT — The goods will not be delivered until you have paid out your bill in full.
- If the delivery or collection is scheduled for 7 days since your initial order, you must pay a minimum of 50% of the full price of the ordered items. The total amount must be paid out not less than 4 days before the agreed delivery date. Note: This is valid for store purchases only (possibly not for all items, the store personnel will inform you if valid for your order). Not valid for online orders.
- If the customer does not contact Letta London in 24h since receiving the order, we will presume that the order has been received correctly and in full without any issues. The customer must examine the items upon delivery and note if there is any damage, missing items, or similar. Unboxed items are not susceptible to claims if not noted upon delivery. In the same manner, items that have been fixed, such as tiles, sanitary ware, or bathroom products, are not susceptible to claims.
- Shade variations are possible for any ceramic and porcelain tiles, porcelain surfaces on vanity units, shower trays, bespoke baths, and similar. Differences in shades are part of the manufacturing process and cannot be changed upon request and are sold as are.
- Letta London’s personnel’s advice, recommendation, suggestions, and such, regarding installation, use, or performance, are not binding unless explicitly stated in a professional contract or sale letter.
- The customer accepts delivery and/or courier charges.
- Quotations are issued on current costs and are subject to possible amendments to match any changes in prices, whether lower or higher.
- RE: DELIVERY — If the customer does not comply with the agreed-upon delivery date and time which makes it impossible for our courier to deliver the goods, the customer will be responsible for any additional delivery charges.
- The accountability for possible risk of damage or breakage passes on from Letta London to the customer after the delivery or collection of the ordered items.
- Note to carefully unpack the goods upon accepting them, as spacers might need to be removed before the products are taken out. All items should always be stacked vertically, and not on hard surfaces that can lead to possible chipping of the edges. Letta London is not responsible for any damage that might occur after the customer accepts the delivery or collects the items from the store.
- Keep in mind that stone tiles might need to dry before installation. Ask your tiler professionals for advice before installing the product.
- PRICE VARIATION — Letta London reserves the right to change the price of the ordered items before delivery or collection. Price variations depend on possible foreign exchange variations, increased material costs, alteration of duties, and similar. The customer reserves the right to cancel or change the order if they are not satisfied with the adjusted prices.
- BESPOKE PRODUCTS — The customer cannot cancel or change orders on bespoke or ‘made to measure’ products. After the manufacturing and/or fabrication process has started, your order is final. If Letta London agrees to cancel your order, you will be held responsible for any additional costs.
- SUITABILITY — Since Letta London is not responsible for inspecting the installation grounds, we cannot issue any warranties for the sustainability of ordered products. If you are acting as other roles other than the customer, you shouldn’t rely on any advice or information given by us regarding the installation grounds or process unless otherwise stated in a written contract.
- DELAYS — Letta London couriers will try to deliver the goods at the arranged place and time, but we cannot be responsible for any possible unpredictable delays in delivery. Without limitation, these might include shortfalls at source, unpredictable weather conditions, natural disasters, restraints or delays regarding suppliers, and such. Our staff will notify you immediately if problems such as these occur.
- PAYMENT OF BESPOKE ITEMS — Bespoke or ‘made to measure’ items ordered by the customer must be paid out in full before the manufacturing process has commenced. Additionally, orders such as this one cannot be cancelled or changed once the manufacturing process starts.
- FITTING ADVICE — Letta London’s staff’s recommendations should only be taken in good faith and as advice. Our staff cannot offer expert recommendations regarding fixing of the products since they do not know the installation grounds. It is the customer’s responsibility to be informed about the correct fixtures, sealants, and other parts needed for proper product installation. We recommend our customers to hire professional help to help with essential purchases such as this one.
- INSTALLATION — Letta London does not offer installation services. We recommend you hire professional traders that will help you with the purchase of correct goods and the installation process. Letta London cannot take responsibility for any issues that might occur during the installation process, including damages and/or faulty items.
- All porcelain tiles are baked, which can lead to possible slight bending and wrapping. Larger tiles are not to be ‘brick-bonded’ and will only be spread out by a maximum of 20–30% of the length to avoid any warpage. The tiles will be spread out using ‘levelling clips’, similar to the RLS system.